Sunday, August 29, 2010

Coreective addendum

Here's a corrective addendum to my Masters thesis which I listed on this blog earlier. Evidently, I blew it on one thing - I mention Raina Imig and showed 4 photos she sent me, which I thought were of her, photos 65-68. Evidently not. Sorry about that, Raina. I never actually met Raina face to face; we talked on the phone and emailed @ other. She has a few things to say about her art: "I create mandalas in several media including color pencil on black paper, watercolor, acrylic and fused glass. I myself do not use the traditional rice, sand or flour, although I do teach about all the above media. I do not use east Indian iconography much in my art. Instead, my art is original and creative, often geometric and abstract. I am very much aware of the healing potential of the mandala, teaching it to children in hospitals, as well as with spiritual groups.
Finally, that is not me in the figures 65 onwards, although I did take the photographs during my art grant travel to India in 2008."
I guess this reiterates the theme that I'm not perfect. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment