Monday, December 7, 2009

Introduction

Hello, all. This is my first foray into blogging. I'm not yet sure how it will evolve, but it will include ideas about art, movies, music, writing, plus esoteric themes and progressive politics and ideas. My favorite blog is The Secret Sun, and I check out Huffington Post every day. And I wish Richard Hoagland would get his act together and finish his articles and series on Enterprisemission.com. It seems he posts something on there about twice a year. Hardly sufficient for all the flurry of activity from UFOs, NASA, etc. these days.

My least favorite site is Davidicke.com. There's occaisionally an interesting article in the daily news section, but most of it is right-wing paranoia about Obama and global warming and flu shots, et al, and some of it is just offensive and possibly libelous. I get so weary of seeing Obama pictured as the Joker or as a Nazi. Can't we raise the level of discourse without resorting to cheap, ugly shots like these?

Two other sites I visit daily are Earthfiles.com and Unknowncountry.com. There's almost always something interesting or of value on either one.

The two people on this planet who drive me absolutely crazy are Sarah Palin and Glen Beck. Other irritants includes O'Reilly, Hannity, Lou Dobbs, Lars Larsen and others of their ilk. If only there was a virus specifically developed to paralyze the vocal chords of right wing bloviators and nut jobs. 'Nuff said.

I'm off work today, 'cause I didn't get a substitute teaching assignment, so I'm trying to get this thing to take off today. It's cold, and the heaters haven't done their job yet, so I'm shivering as I write this. The only reason we live way up here is because of my wife's job at Social Security. Tucson sounds like a nice warm place right about now (Phoenix is too big and spread out, plus too hot).

Well, that's it for now. If any of you out there are sci-fi/fantasy/horror publishers, drop me a line, because boy do I have a book for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment